Friday 2 November 2012

Making a start

I started piecing my long ago sampler quilt today. I'm very glad I decided to go for a side by side effect. I'll think about border(s) later. It's very difficult when the fabrics today are now so different. I do have a possibility but will wait for the top. Meanwhile I have been sandwiching and a Linus quilt and cushion top lie on the bed awaiting  quilting. I did quilt the little leftovers of leftovers 24" Linus quilt (they do need this size). I was pleased I could follow a drawn stencil line with my walking foot. However the  marks did not come off the poplin hearts fabric as they did off the orange corners. I even wonder if the hearts fabric doesn't contain poly.
Love these sampler blocks

Awaiting quilting

All done

1 comment:

Pippas quilts said...

Your sampler quilt is lovely was wondering, would liberty print work for the border?