Thursday 11 October 2012

Making progress

I took Bryn's completed quilt into Quay Quilters for Show & Tell. I just love it. The batting is washed 80/20 and is soft and drapable and the cut up shirts provide a variety of textures and  the backing is a warm feeling seersucker fabric. It's homely but just right. The blue turquoise border matches the colour of his bedroom walls.



We were issued with another charity block to do and I completed mine today so I don't have to think about it till the next evening meeting. We were given the centre square and then added our own fabrics.

Charity block

2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I love that you get that block all done and out of the way ... a page from my book. Those shirts look great and I love the red touch.

Pippas quilts said...

The shirt quilt is lovely thank you for bringing it in. You have done your block already I shall try to do mine today.