Saturday 12 May 2012

Tweet! Tweet!

I have been posting so much work made by others lately I need to point out I have managed a finish - a quilt started in a workshop with Bethany Reynolds, Paducah 2009. It's a kaleidoscope stack and whack. Although the fabric has large shapes the repeat is only 6" so there isn't much variation. It was fun to do though.


I was going to call the quilt Tweet! Tweet! but it's now "April Rise" after the poem of that name by Laurie Lee and the label includes a line from it about the swishing of birds' wings in the branches.

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

I love the way you got those birds to make the design. I have tried that technique with both six and eight repeats and liked the results ...but I marked all the pieces with a template and sewed by hand, It was fun to see the variety of blocks made from the same print.