Wednesday 7 March 2012

Higgledy Piggledy

I was determined to finish this quilt top today and I've just sewn the last seam. I might  add a border if I can find suitable material in my stash but for now enough! It uses up reject blocks from Isla's quilt and the cut away applique hearts are recycleby reverse applique. Then I the cut out bondaweb background hearts were appliqued yet again. If only it could be magically quilted. It might sell or it might become a charity quilt. I need more relatives! The hand is my grandson's - I used a different colour for his hand in the main quilt and the "ball" is the rejected centre of a flower. Waste not want not. Fabric scraps and "cheese" have found their way into crazy blocks which serve to make the top oblong not square. I like this kind of playful patchworking, not agonising too much but a bit. However if only it would magically quilt itself! I still have loads of 2.5" squares and will make a couple of small prison baby quilts as the leftover backing from Isla's is just the right size.
Shadow boxing

Girl on a swing

Recycled hearts

2 comments:

Plum Cox said...

Totally charming! Lovely to see you using spare blocks and scaps to make something so lovely!

Julie Fukuda said...

What a great creative way to use those bits and pieces!