Saturday 3 December 2011

Oast AGM





It was the Oast Agm today. I can't say I was particularly looking forward to it but as is the way I enjoyed the afternoon very much when I got there. I went with a bag full of stuff and came home having passed most of it on or returned items. I gave one quilt (jointly made with Judi) to Linus and one (jointly made with U3A members) to the Teenage Cancer Trust. I hope the recipients enjoy using them as much as we enjoyed making them. Apart from mince pies (and cake!) a feature of this meeting is the challenge, this year given the royal wedding the theme was weddings and there were some beautiful quilts, including double wedding rings of course. I voted for the small piece made by fellow Crab & Winkler, Marion, as I felt it best answered the idea of a challenge featuring the items celebrating each anniversary and displaying a great deal of ingenuity. I make a point of voting for the one I think is best not for one made by a friend so this was a genuine choice. However I haven't shown it here but instead some of the other entries.

Margaret's double wedding ring quilt which came third was immaculately made and joined quilt as you go and diiferent sections joined by lacing. Liz's displayed magnificent free machine quilting with feathered hearts and Ursula's which came second used lots of scraps in crazy pieced setting. This one was second.

2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Those crazy-pieced setting blocks are wild. I never would have put those two together. Wild!

Susan said...

All lovely pieces. I love that one in the middle.