Wednesday 30 November 2011

Quay Quilters Show & Tell

 Margaret's tree

 Ann's wreath

Ruby's cot quilt

Mavis's Farmer's Wives
I'm still catching up with my quilting activities. Wednesday last week was Quay Quilters when Margaret showed the Suffolk Puff (Yoyo in US) tree she made after Ruby's class and Ann her wreath though Ann isn't in the picture. After the show Ruby was commissioned to make a cot quilt for my neighbour and this is it. Piece de resistance, however, was Mavis's wonderful Farmer's Wife quilt made with blocks sewn at the gatherings of Bonnie Quilters, a small house group I've belonged to for nearly 30 years though we did machine knitting for the first decade or more. I'm only on block 80 or so and wondering whether to give up. I was never intending to make the whole quilt but to make groups of blocks and smaller quilts but I'm running out of inspiration. My latest assortment of fabrics are the dullest of Civil War types which doesn't help.

2 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Mary, I could look through my CW scraps and send you some of the brighter bits -- those 6" blocks don't take a lot of fabric . . . . Would that get you back on track, do you think?

Julie Fukuda said...

Even if you are slogging along with the blocks, looking at that stunning setting would be enough inspiration to get back to work. I am not overly happy with the scraps I am working with but when I lay them all out together, they look a lot better.