Sunday 15 May 2011

Sisters Quilt

Four Sisters

Today I've done quite a lot of work on the borders of this quilt, another form of stack and whack which I'm thrilled with,  and made a start on sewing the sashing strips together and attaching them to the rows of blocks. The posts I think of as "chips", just random snippets. I started this project in a workshop with Judy Johnson in the Sisters Quilt Show week. She was a very thoroughgoing teacher going into design aspects as well as technique. There are only three Sisters mountains overlooking the small Oregon town of Sisters but this quilt has four identical squares in each block hence the name. I've had the dark green Fossil Fern fabric for a long time and it's just right for this and for once I have ENOUGH!

2 comments:

rubyslipperz1052 said...

This is a REALLY pretty quilt! I LUV the flowers...

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

Julie Fukuda said...

These look like good sized blocks.I like the variety of design you get from that one print fabric.