Wednesday 13 April 2011

Group days

Valerie's latest block



Marion's latest project
 
Cut and slash class sample

Before the Conference The Usual Suspects met and Valerie showed us her latest 18" sampler block made in a class with Jenny Hoyle.
Valerie has chosen to hand sew.
On Monday I drove straight from Exeter to the Crab and Winkle sewing day where we are working on a second group quilt but no photos yet as it is in a rather messy state at the moment. I chose the general layout so I'm very much hoping it will be all right on the night. It certainly threw up a lot of logistical problems.
Anyway Marion has made a playful sample for the requested stack and slash workshop which I plan to sign up to and she's made a mini version too not shown here. The other quilt was prompted by a gift of unused triangles and lots of scraps. I hope she'll lead a Crab and Winkle session as I too have lots of strips.

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

I am in great envy of your groups. My tiny shrinking quilt group is meeting Friday an I recieved a call
from one member saying a former member wants back in and she doesn't want her back. Well, I don't play those games. The base of English-speaking quilters is so small already. I wish I could introduce them to my blogging quilting friends so they could have better role models!