Thursday 16 December 2010

Becky's Nine Patch 16 The Last Post

Well I've posted all my Becky's 9-Patch work to date. There are other possibilities to explore. To speed up the sewing process still further a 3" finished square could be substituted for the corner unit. I thought I was the only person who had picked up on this pattern so useful for working with 3.5 and 2" strips and thought of emailing Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville http://www.quiltville.com/ as using precut strips is so much a hallmark of her work but looking through her book "Scraps and Shirttails" I realised the Bargain Basement quilt was made from Becky's 9-Patch blocks though she has given them very much her own stamp so I didn't recognize them immediately. Bonnie has been and is hugely generous to the online quilting community and it was through pressure from her many fans that her ideas took book form, first "Scraps & Shirttails" and next "Adventures with Leaders & Enders" and I believe more will follow but she still continues with an online presence.
Anyway tomorrow back to current quilty events in my life in less exhaustive fashion.

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

I can see the possibilities are really endless. One could make double size blocks and arrange them with smaller ones and confuse anyone looking for the pattern. Though not brave enough to use stripes and plaids, and not being a machine piecer I still could make use of this.
Thanks for all your explaanations.