Sunday 31 October 2010

Quilting Retreat

I've just been on a very enjoyable Quilting Retreat for five nights - we sewed from  morning till very late at night aided by copious amounts of food and a constant supply of beverages on tap. The running motif was the antics of Mr Frog and subsequently Mrs Frog seen here materialised accompanied by her tadpole offspring and a fresh generation of spawn.

The hall was light and spacious and and lot of tops were completed and others quilted and yet others embarked on. I painstakingly worked on my BOM but eventually learned I didn't have to be so painstaking, just cut the pieces the right size and sew them together with an accurate seam. This not surprisingly worked better than all my precautionary measures.
Here are some of the other attendees' quilts and tops I photographed.




No comments: