Wednesday 4 August 2010

New arrival

I bought the new Janome Horizon machine at the Oast Quilters Show and put it through its paces by making a book of all the decorative stitches to prove a reference. However on joining my Katherine Guerrier blocks which have some seams pressed open and some to one side it would not deal with these seams. I had to manually lift the presser foot to surmount them. However my trusty 29 year old Bernina Nova sailed through them effortlessly.  On joining a Janome 7700 email lists I came upon the tail end of posts about this very problem.
 A simple adjustment by the dealer to the feed dogs is all that is needed. How glad I am to have bought my machine from a local dealer and how glad to have the information sharing resources of the internet at my disposal.













1 comment:

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

Happy Happy us! I love my machine!!