Saturday 3 April 2010

C&W Show & Tell

My Show and tell was my magazine project so no photo here as yet. I showed the Quiltology blocks and some were immediately apparent such as Grandmother's Flower Garden for Pam grandma par excellence and great gardener. Mary hoped hers would be the house and it was - a schoolhouse, her place of work. Maggie's was the log cabin variation because she always puts her own spin on traditional patterns and her home has traditional wooden cladding. The others were obvious once named: Marion's Choice for Marion, Mother's Delight for Melanie who loves her little one dearly and North Wind for me who has drifted south.
Marion had finished her hexagon top shown above in soft brushed checked and striped cottons started on our last sewing day led by Maggie. It is just gorgeous and we couldn't resist stroking it. I'm dying to get on with mine but must FINISH what I've started first. Mary brought in her log cabin for a new baby in the family and we deliberated on backings - we do love to give advice. There's a lot of work in it as some of the logs are quite narrow. We also tacked a top to be quilted by visitors to the Oast Showcase but I've no photo of that either.

No comments: