Wednesday 15 April 2009

Look what the postman brought!























Last autumn I handed over a very simply pieced quilt over to be custom quilted by Mandy Parks of The Quilt's Whiskers. I know the wide open spaces presented her with something of a conumdrum and I'm very grateful to her for thinking long and hard about what she wanted to do. I wasn't much help! Anyway I heard from her last week and today as promised the quilt arrived and it is marvellous. I love it and am now wondering whether to bind it in navy or red. My husband suggests dark red.
My photos don't do it justice but I am going to enter it for Sandown and perhaps for FOQ. I'm off to Paducah shortly and will check out Festival of Quilts when I get back. The Sandown form has gone. Unfortunately I won't be at Sandown but I have long been planning to enter a quilt into this show which is very popular with us folk in the south east and I would like to thank Mandy by showing off her lovely work to lots of show visitors.

2 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

WOW - this is gorgeous. I would defineately go for the deep red binding :)

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

It's a lovely quilt, Mary. I think the dark red binding would be stunning