Wednesday 17 December 2008

U3A Patchwork Group






I have been going to a U3A (University of the third Age) patchwork beginners' group slightly under false pretences but I have enjoyed the morning outing and appreciated our tutor's exquisite work. She achieves a precision I can only dream of. Here I show the bag she made for the Oast Quilters' challenge and came second. Unfortunately the way the bags were displayed most weren't aware of their presence otherwise it would have won as the result was very close. (I suggest you click on the image.) Other members have worked on quilt-as-you-go log cabin, one a baby quilt the other African animals while another has done a variety of small projects. In the latter case my presence was of use because she needed help with handquilting (here're the last two cushions she made)and this morning paper pieced hexagons which is not our tutor's area of interest.
U3A classes cost only a token sum and the tutors "work" for nothing and everyone pitches in. Today was our last day but I shall meet up with Margaret from time to time to compare notes. Next term it'll be the singing group - singing for health and pleasure. No pressure.

No comments: