Wednesday 13 December 2023

The Quilt Retreat

 A group of folk I know have a regular retreat and I was lucky enough to join them to make up the numbers. I was especially lucky because the venue is very booked up so we don't have the option to book it ourselves.

I was assembling pieces I cut earlier for projects not requiring much thought but some of the others did  much more ambitious work, lovely to see taking shape.



I joined log cabin blocks I brought with me.
Several of these I'd made in the Sewcial Log cabin Day

This is based on a vintage quilt pictured in the Utah State Quilt Project book,



And quick and easy top using eftover layer cake pieces for a Linus quilt and
handed over at the Chichester weekend.


This is the quilt the leftovers came from. I pieced it at the retreat - Pippa did the arrangement for me - and it's now been handed to Linus.

Quilting on either side of the seams made for a nice pattern on the back.



And from the fellow retreaters:
Karen's made with Kaffe wovens, very clever colour manipulation; it just glows!

Judi's Elizabeth Hartman puppies made for a modern quilt charity challenge.

The star project of our time there, Heather's lion made for a friend.



No comments: