Sunday 5 March 2023

Quilts for other people

 

I made three legacy quilts using units made by a dear quilter who died over a decade ago. They were passed to me by the friend who had the job of sorting out and disposing of her stash and the bag of pieces had been simmering away on my conscience since. Anyway last year with the help of Maggie Breakspear (Priory Lane Quilting) I completed two of the quilts and got in touch with the friend to ask for Margaret's daughters's address. I remembered Margaret who was in various groups, attended workshops and also she expertly sewed bags and smaller items saying she had never made a quilt . When I spoke to her daughter this turned out to be true and she arrived with her daughter, Margaret's granddaughter, to collect the quilts. She was so touched and tearful but happy.

Blocks before assembling and bordering

Top before bordering

The recipient


I'm mad with myself I don't have pictures of the completed ones. This is my only record.

Recently Sophie who had seen my quilts at the neighbourhood Arts and Arts and Crafts Show brought her mother to view and they bought three quilts.


Deja Vu for Sophie originally for my son but came back to rest happily with me
.

Happy New Year Logs made as a teaching sample

Jackie's Jellies from A Jackie Erickson workshop at Sisters Oregon

It transpired Isabel had lived in Malaysia when her children were small and she sent me sarong fabric to add to my collection from our time there 1999-2009.












No comments: