Friday 9 April 2021


 

Here is the fabric I'm using for my current project - now I've completed the cutting out and foundation making. I've set up a sewing station for my Pfaff in the spare room.



While that is going on I'll bind my criss cross quilt in the sewing room on the Janome. I'm going to make a double fold binding which I've cut 3.5" wide, a first for me.



By contrast the current binding I'm stitching down is more like cord. I sewed down quite a lot today while watching TV coverage of the Duke of Edinburgh. What a remarkable man.


Today too I did some prepping for the Sujata Shah  Siddi quilt Zoom workshop I shall be doing on Sunday.

Backing turned over to the front
of the wadding 


These are fabric samples sourced from 
closing down Malaysian batik factories by
the owner of the Cottage Patch in Kuala
Lumpur. I paid weekly visits while living
there 1999-2000. I'll use them for
this workshop project.


1 comment:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I usually cut my binding strips at 2 1/2 and rarely at 2 1/4. For the quilt I am working on now, I cut 3 inches. I wish I had done 3 1/2 because that would have hidden the selvages that wound up in the quilt because I didn't center the backing correctly.