Friday 3 May 2019

Business

A photo of my screen take
 as I didn't take a picture on
the day.

The figure on the steps is my husband.









I had a busy weekend up in London. On Friday Alan and I visited two exhibitions, firstly Van Gogh at the Tate and then a rest in the members room to give us a chance to absorb what we had seen and then what we had really come to see, Bonnard at Tate Modern reached by a river trip. Van Gogh was very crowded and spoilt by people walking right in front of the picture blocking everyone else's view. Sometimes doing that and then chatting oblivious. Also masses of folk taking photographs with their phones. What's wrong with just looking, buying a postcard if needed or a book or looking on the internet. There were very few of these evil doers at the Bonnard Show which was a revelation because of his lifelong exploration of colour and colour juxtapositions. This one will stay with me for a long time. 
On Saturday I went up by myself to catch the Christian Dior Show at the V&A = so many frocks and such a well dressed clientele. Quite a crush but very well behaved. I didn't realise he had died as early as 1957 so the collections through the decades reflect the work of many prominent designers notably Marc Bohan and John Galliano.
Two of them sewed kits which I ad provided.

On the home front I have had a day with four lovely U3A members who were very pleased with their zipped pouches and later, little gift bags.
Yesterday I had a fabric dyeing session in readiness for the improvisational patchwork workshop with Janet Bottomley at the weekend. The pieces are all in plastic bags awaiting rinsing. And the Linus quilt I am currently making now has a border.



No comments: