Thursday 23 August 2018

Sewing Day

Design by Pam and Nicky Lintott

We were a very reduced group of six who gathered for our sewing day but there was plenty of lunch and lots of sewing. I was a bit more organised than usual and joined my border sections and added them to the centre top before going home.
This is our Bonnies quilt for this year, a departure from our usual practice as it was a rotary cut jelly roll quilt and we took our machines to meet ups. No drawing round templates!
I had bought this BaliPop and background to go with it a long time ago so I was pleased to find a suitable project at long last. It's going to be a summer coverlet. We've had a hot summer this year so the cool colours will work well and no need for wadding.
I will cut down two borders to 6" and may do the other two to 4" - will try it on the bed first.
And Judy O had projects to share with us.
Judy was working on this delicate project at our last retreat and now it is assembled and quilted,
So pretty!

.

And this is from my Stack and whackery squares workshop

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

I have tried a stack and whack with six repeats and eight repeats but never one with just four. (Of course I marked with a pencil and cut them, knowing if I tried to cut more than one at a time, I would mess up). I always envy you your quilting buddies.