Wednesday 25 February 2015

A good day

I planned to finish my Glimma crosses top today and was thrilled finish it by lunchtime - the wonder of joining rows instead of  my usual threesies and foursies. After lunch I worked on my twirling stars started in a workshop with Maggie Kingston. The half hexagons which were very low contrast have been much improved by the red frames. It will be smaller than my usual efforts but I am very pleased with it. The batiks were bought during my Millennium sojourn in Malaysia. There were some super projects today including Yvette's magnificent Jinny Beyer piece immaculately fussy cut and foundation pieced.
Twirling stars

Glimma crosses from a Keepsake kit designed by Ashley Newcombe

Detail

On my bed

detail of fancy stitched border

Yvette's masterpiece

Square created from four fussy cut quarter square
triangles

No comments: