Friday 30 January 2015

First Finish and a quilt for a dog!


Here is my first finish of 2015 completed on 8th January and named "Charlie's Trip Around the World"; I've made quite a few of these all started with six fat quarters as in the workshop with  Inger Milburn when I used a rotary cutter for the first time, a revelation. This example dates from a U3A workshop day some time ago.
Here too is Mavis's quilt which she brought for me to photograph today. She made it to put on the bed for the dog to lie on but because of loud protests she is considering giving to her grandson instead. I love it as it makes me think of certain old American quilts which included lots of bits and pieces to use them up just as Mavis has done here.


1 comment:

Plum Cox said...

What a fun quilt - too good for the dog, I have to say!
Loved your trip around the world too!