Saturday 1 May 2010

Janet Clare workshop 01

I went to a very enjoyable workshop day taught by Janet Clare; the title was machine drawing and as you can see from my blog I'm a traditional piecer and patchworker and not very crafty I thought I would be well out of my comfort zone. Janet's approach was very calm and reassuring and before long we were writing our names, drawing faces, then people and combining it all with applique and various techniques. There was quite a lot of laughter. I felt the machine seemed to take on a life of its own and figures emerged which surprised me and ideas kept crowding in. The hall was lovely too with lots of light and an Arts & Crafts atmosphere and ladies had been making cakes!!
I realise I've photographed my figures from the wrong side and will do another one. The ballerina in variegated thread was sewn by my workshop neighbour, Alison, and was taken from Janet's website. She was much admired by visitors to our table under the large pointed window.

No comments: