Wednesday 25 May 2022

Progress

The blocks are from a long ago transatlantic
Laurel Burch/Kona Black 37NL block swap.


 I've finished the Laurel Burch "Crossed" top using a setting I'd seen in a blog post. With just 12 blocks you end up with a 72" square quilt with not too much piecing work. Mine will be 74" square as I added a 1" strip to the bottom of each of the "arms" to create a space for the binding to "float".

The hardest part was cutting the four 25.5x37.5" pieces. I needed lots of space and lots of rulers. 

20.5 + 8.5 + 3.5 + 5 = 37.5

I am taking this to Maggie to be quilted with a bright variegated thread to relieve the darkness and my Sarong top likewise.

Top

Back


1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

the colourful blocks look good.........and a bright variegated thread will look great in the quilting on the black.........