Sunday 7 October 2018

Progress


I'm now sewing down the binding on my Bonnie Blues quilt but soon I am off on Quilt retreat for 5 nights so the remaining length will have to wait till I got back. I finally machine sewed down the facing on my Safari DNP. When I came to do the label I'd forgotten I'd called it that and put down "Disappearing Elephants". When I turned it over I could only see Rhinos but on closer inspection I could see elephants And here they are with the rhyme I included on the label.



Gathering work for the retreat I had rush of blood to the head and cut out a fresh new quilt, from Kaffe Fasset's Quilts in Provence though I am trying to use a more summery palette.  The sashing will be a lot of work! I've wanted to do this pattern and had this in mind since I saw the original at FOQ (Festival of Quilts). Since then I used Westminster fabrics in two workshops but didn't progress beyond the days as I wanted  to complete this one first and then see what I had left.
Blocks and frames laid out

The picture in the book

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Very interesting results with that animal print fabric. Enjoy your retreat!