Wednesday 3 October 2018

This and That

At Show and Tell at Oast Quilters the last weekend in September there was a modern hexagon quilt made in Judi Kirk's workshop: all the results from this have been super. And Judi herself had a finished quilt to show. 
Hexagons from Judi's workshop

Judi's quilt













Now she is teaching (and judging) in Virginia Beach, USA. How impressive is that!!
Judi's classroom

Last night as I hand quilted the border  of Bonnie Blues I had that Channel Tunnel moment of reaching my starting point. I had stayed up late to do so watching "the Reluctant Fundamentalist". I had read the book with my book group and was pleased the film followed it closely. As the border was marked with Berol felt pen I washed it in the machine today. I wanted to hang it from the backing and wadding edge but my clothes poles aren't tall enough. When nearly dry, I'll lay it out flat and (Ssssshhh) iron it. It must have needed a wash anyway after so long in the making and trailing while being quilted.
Bonnie Blues awaiting binding
And at our sewing day yesterday another Judy, Judy O, showed a delightful quilt she has made as a gift.
Judy O's sailing ships


No comments: