First we made two strip sets, one floral/green/floral and the other green/floral/green. Ideally we would have made two of the former but I decided to allow for a 7 year old attention span. Also I wanted to check my theory as to the construction of the inspiration quilt was correct.
|We took two slices from the floral/green/floral set|
and one from the green/floral/green set and arranged
and sewed them into a nine patch block.
|We then cut the pieced nine patch in half vertically and horizontally|
using the technique devised by Nancy Brenan Daniel. (Isla took
|The units were then rearranged and stitched in pairs|