Monday 29 July 2024

Quilters's Guild Region Two Show at Lullingstone



Here I am in the Guild Marquee at Lullingstone "Castle" standing proudly in front of the raffle quilt I made for Region 2. It was very popular and several people wanted to buy it (though they might not if they knew how much quilts cost to make and have professionally quilted). We had lovely weather and Sunday was just right, warm but not too hot.
I used mainly Tilda fabrics and the pattern was by  Lynne Goldsworthy in Today's Quilter. Quilting by Maggie Breakspear.

I had three other quilts in the show.

Summer Fruits was my version of a quilt made by a C19th Utah women who made hers sitting in a field minding sheep and a new baby. Hers was more tasteful in pale blue large check gingham, calico and plain blue accents.
I have wanted to use this black check with overlaid cherries for some time and this seemed just the job. It will be a tablecloth to use with white china.


Two more: on the left Blues Garden one of my fussy rotary cut four patch quilts and on the right Giant Nested Circles from a Daisy Aschehoug workshop. I'll keep the first one but will sell or donate the latter.

No comments: