Friday 22 July 2022

Quilters' Guild Show at Lullingstone

 We picked my daughter, Miriam, up on the way and went for a a lovely Sunday roast at The Plough in Eynsford. It was right by the river where it runs clear and shallow and there were lots of families with small children paddling and splashing. Miriam and I dipped in our feet to cool down.

Raffle quilt: the Quilt Show BOM made by me in a block swap with Judi, Belinda, Tracy and Valerie

Eventually we went round the show. Miriam loved the group raffle quilt I had made so we bought ten more tickets. The raffle was drawn while Alan and she were going round the garden and amazingly she won! Strangely I assumed this would be the case, In fact we all won something: a fabric fairy for me to watch over my sewing machine and lovely hand painted coasters for Alan and I also collected a bag fixing on behalf of Trish.

Winnings


Here is a select selection:

Pam Bowles: Flourishes

Anne Smith Jewels of the Universe

I think this is Jean Watson: Civil war Bride, a BOM

I think this is Sandra Wren's "Celebration Quilt" in honour of her 30th wedding anniversary.



No comments: