Friday 22 April 2022

Sewing away and at home

Sewing at Lower Hardres Village Hall


I got back from the retreat to enjoy two days of friendship and and stitching, one at Lower Hardres and a delicious Usual Suspects lunch day at Judi's.

This is Tansy's wonderful top following a pattern from an Australian designer

Meanwhile at home I have been completing the big stitch quilting on the Carolyn Forster strippy. At Judi's I asked for reassurance about my choice of surplus jelly roll strips for the binding.

Carolyn Forster Strippy 45x54"

The fabrics are pretty
but too washed out to
photograph well.





I have completed the top from Mandy Munroe's workshop and am very pleased with my fabric choices.

54" square


Then it was time to bite the bullet and rearrange my sewing room furniture for a machine quilting session. It wasn't so bad once I got started. I've quilted and attached the binding of the Peggy Martin Jelly Roll Jive and I think I have enough of the binding for the Marti Michell fat quarter log cabin which I am currently quilting.

Set up for machine quilting Jelly Roll Jive

Choice of Binding for both 
Westminster quilts

Diagonal lines on log cabins done but more to do on the straight and around the blocks.

When I've finished machining for the day I pop this giant tea cosy of a cover on my machine. I used left over pieces and  then machine appliqued flowers to decorate.


  


On a final note here is another Carolyn Forster inspired project, her BOM from Today's Quilter magazine, currently on the bed.





1 comment:

Julierose said...

What lovely quilts you've displayed! I have that Carolyn Forster book and admire your strippy;)) I'll bet it's really pretty in person...Your machine cover is so cheery--love the flowers on it...Hugs, Julierose