Sunday 3 April 2022

Day 2

 

The afternoon (AGM in the morning) began with a a delightful talk by the inimitable Lynne Edwards. Her sampler books have been my mainstay.

There are always regional and national challenges for members to admire and vote for their choice. This was "Gems from Beyond" which gave rise to lots of possibilities. The hanging method along a corridor was very clever with clip hangers and a ticket label attached by a clothes peg.


And the label

This was my choice - so graphic.

And the label

The regional challenge was Treasures from the Earth and Maria Spiller's "The Amber Coast" was my choice.


The label

Quilts hung in the entrance hall of the mansion.



By Jane Cheshire
I loved the pale washed out look.


This was made by Rosemary Muntus


The lovely muted foliage
was made by Carol Donnison

The large strata quilt was made by
Helen Howes

Trademark isometrics from
Helen Butcher


When I got back to the cottage I thought the wicker fence provided a good photo location  for the quilts I had with me.
This Becky's nine patch block was made in 2006 when I retired from a stint as a prison librarian
There was a Black and white challenge and my quilt was called "No such thing (as black and white)" and I included words from John Donne's poem on the label "Stone walls do not a prison make . . ."
The quilt lives in my car but Alan likes a quilt to put over him when sitting so it's come inside for our stay.
And this is my Fibonacci quilt as seen on the bed in my last post. This was a workshop
(Carol Lyles Shaw) quilt but I love it partly because it contains two long hoarded favourite fabrics 




No comments: