Saturday 19 March 2022

Saturday round up

My main sewing this week has been completing my sarong crazy top. I was wondering whether to add a border but nothing looked right at all so it will remain as is 75" square. Laid out on the bed it looked a reasonable size.



More problematic was my giant nested circles from the Daisy Aschehoug workshop. I had made lots of drunkard's path type units with Judi Kirk's templates and I thought they could go on the sides but again messy and awful so I just added more white, wider at the  sides than at the top to finish at 56x78" plus binding. I plan to use a geometric black and white on the bias for this.




The drunkard's path pieces will be sliced and intermingled with white on the back as the backing fabric is only 45" wide. 

I am finishing off some old fashioned double sided log cabin blocks with narrow single fold binding cut one and five eighths wide. I don't have a binding tool for this so am using a pin to thread the strip under to form the folds and then press.



I must also add that the week before this I was on a cottage retreat with friends where I worked on sarong blocks but mostly on a  group project under wraps for now. 

Retreating


While there Maggie was laying out hexagons on her stunning triangles quilt.


I am on retreat again with a larger group in April so will have have lots to report from there.

No comments: