Tuesday 29 March 2022

Good Deed

This has lingered on a top wardrobe shelf  for over a decade. Made by a deceased member of Oast and the Guild, it was handed to me to finish. It was obviously intended as a major project the scheme of which is now unknown. I can remember the maker confessing to me "I've never made a quilt" and this UFO bears her out. Once pressed the crumpled hand sewn blocks look lovely. I have a lot more of the red fabric from the bag and calico/muslin of my own and plan to make two separate projects which will be given to the hospice here which has worn out its first batch of quilts. I'll get my longarmer friend, Maggie, to quilt them which should give them a stronger construction. My first retreat project.

9" blocks and nine patch setting - I'll add borders.


12" blocks - I'll add two colour sashing and a border.

 

No comments: