Saturday 26 February 2022

Clearing up


  From under the table  in the "to do someday" box I found these four log cabins from four fat quarters (dark, light and 2 mediums) made in a Marti Michell workshop using her rulers. I thought it was strange to have special rulers for log cabins but in fact they made the cutting and sewing very orderly and very logical.

Stack of folded fabric: the "weight" helps to
hold the ruler firmly in place.

Strips ready to add to the units I've started

 







I folded and layered two more sets of 4 FQs and laid out the resulting strips in size order including a bright pink in all the blocks. 

Last night I arranged them on the spare room floor in an odd arrangement but having done a few conventional log cabins in the past I wanted a change.

Photo does not do justice to the vibrancy of the prints


I've located some Fassett yardage with which to border it probably with an intervening woven stripe.

Locating border fabric


No comments: