Saturday 18 December 2021

Day out

 I enjoyed a lovely day chilling, sewing and eating with the Queen Beez at Mary's. I enjoyed seeing some old friends - things on display that is. The other two Beez are younger than me but I have known them for quite a long time.

Mary made the flag cushion while the cushion in the back was made in a fussy four patch session led by me and Mary bought  my batik quilt at our last show.


I also admired Mary's baskets top on display.



While there I was sewing the binding down on the Sliced Squares quilt which Mary liked so much she wanted to buy it. I wanted her to have it but in the end a modest sum was exchanged and I have to agree it will look well on the back of her sofa. It's gone to a good home and Mary will finish the binding.

Sliced squares


On my return home the mail had been again - too big for the letterbox - the last two wadding rolls, soft cotton and cotton/bamboo 50/50 from Doughty's.


Poly wadding


The 









Soft and Bright needle punched poly had arrived the day before from Empress Mills. This wll be good for quilts I often make which finish at 54/56" by 72" as it's 120 inches wide. I will cut four 60 by 80" pieces to have at hand.

Bag

And poking through the letterbox this morning an unexpected gift from Sarah Hibbert whose book I've pre-ordered. There's been a delay so she's sent us this bag. There was really no need but very welcome nonetheless especially as it has a zip closure. And next time I give goods to the charity shop they can keep the bag I use. One in one out.

No comments: