Friday 11 September 2020

Substitutions

 

The blue block on the left is too strong as is the the "spare" on the right replaced at the top left

When I laid out my blocks one stood out like a sore thumb  because of its busy background as well as the bright feature fabric. 

The miscreant!

I had already made two of the penultimate block as I thought I might need a choice. I chose the softer version.


IN

OUT










Although it would be nice to draw a line under making these somewhat complex blocks I decided I had to remake the earlier one. I tried to draw in more colours and used up the last of the blue fabric.

The new version, tamer but a better fit.


This time I foundation pieced it which speeded up construction though it was funny how hard it was to visualise the end result from looking at the FP papers.



No comments: