Saturday 12 September 2020

Off and On

 At the moment I am putting single quilts on our bed laid crosswise. It isn't very cold at the moment (though our bedrooms are cool being built into the slope of the site) and it's a chance to enjoy them more fully. 


Quay Quilt


This is the quilt I took off my bed yesterday. This dates from 2000. The Q in the centre refers to my group Quay Quilters which used to have a tea towel with blocks printed on to sell at their quilt show. I drafted the blocks and made the quilt. It was started in Kuala Lumpur at the end of our year there and finished back home in the UK.

A River Runs Through It quilt
The one on my bed now was made from Mary Fisher (the Aids campaigner) fabrics I bought from her at Houston. I have made several quilts whereby four fabric repeats are secured on top of each other and four identical stacks are cut and arranged to form new patterns. Squares give the most options but here are HSTs (two options) and QSTs (one option) as well as strips. It is hand quilted in fish net style. I love it.

No comments: