Friday 12 April 2019

Playing with fabric

"Map" fabric starting point

Since a workshop with Judy Johnson in Sisters I have made a lot of stack and whack type four patch quilts. I chose a fabric with an interesting design and large repeat such as this Westminster map fabric by Brandon Mably. I cut four 24"  length of fabric by 25"  wide repeats and layered them exactly on top of each other and rotary cut 5.75" lengthwise strips and then subcut them into stacks of four identical 5.75" squares.
4 identical squares

These can be left as they are mirror imaged or for this quilt rotated to form a new pattern.

Variation 1


Variation 2

Variation 4 and the one I chose
Variation 3
Blocks laid out

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

I have done the six and eight repeats, so this one is next on my list. The large prints work wonderfully well and yours is great!