Sunday 20 August 2017

FOQ EIGHT: Modern Quilts 02

I hope I've ascribed these aright. Realising I hadn't charged up my camera the night before I stopped photographing aide memoire labels and jotted down numbers.
Abigail Sheridan de Graff: Wasabi on the side
Kona Solids quilted in straight lines. Made as part of the Sewcial Bee Sampler Sew-Along.
Love the colour choices and the choice of blocks.

Margaret Ager: Margaret's modern hexies
Sew Hexie pattern by Kenzie Mac and Co. She solved the problem of how to quilt all
that negative space on a domestic machine very well I thought.

Detail

Chris Mason: Discombobulated
Improvisational  piecing quilted on a domestic machine.
I'm not sure about the overall balance of this and if emulating I should want to
vary the size of the blocks.

Love her choice of fabrics.

No comments: