Friday 16 June 2017

Farnham trip 01

Before the talk

I have just returned from Farnham where Belinda and her daughter, Penny, were giving a joint talk to Farnham Quilters. Belinda showed her lovely quilts and Penny her screen printed textiles. The listeners were super impressed by both. Their work is so lovely. However we had to scrabble a bit to find pieces with hanging sleeves on as Belinda's quilts are mostly for beds so we held up the major pieces on the stage. That was my role, bag carrier and holder upper, and I was very glad to be taken  along. Needless to say as I was holding up quilts and teztiles I have no pictures apart from a view before the start.
We stayed with Brigitte Gillespie whom we had met up with in Pasadena so it was a chance for Show and Tell and  a local expedition I'll write more posts but start with quilts which Brigitte owned which she hadn't made herself
This one was made by Farnham Quilters
member, Doris Dove, who I used to go on
retreats with years ago, a lovely lady.

I think this is one of Doris's also. She devotes her time to
using up stash and making charity quilts these days and
took five years to finish all her UFO's. A lesson for us all.

A lady called Sue Davies made this but as it wasn't going to be passed on she elected to sell it so Brigitte bought it and has
given it a good home where it is seen and appreciated. A superb.work.

Label of the Baltimore quilt.

This precious piece was made by Ruth McDowell, a famous quilter, lives at Brigitte's sudio, hanging outside when
she is working there.
.


No comments: