Tuesday, 9 June 2015


I had planned to mitre the borders and cut lengths accordingly but when I tried it out I thought the join was too discordant so I've added the strips logcabinwise with partial piecing. I am going to teach a class on the technique so the borders will give students the chance to see the fabric in the piece.
On the bed

Laid out on the floor

Trying out a mitre, no idea where that white strip comes from!

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

That came out beautifully. I am now in the process of figuring out a border for my grandson's rainbow quilt but it will have to be pieced. Since the quilt itself is full of one-inch blocks, the thought of more piecing to get a five or six inch border is mind-boggling. Though I really don't want to buy fabric, I am tempted to hunt a solution rather than piece the scraps I do have.