Saturday 27 June 2015

A lotta Lotta's

The back, a wonderfully graphic print from IKEA.

Keepsake "Glimma" kit designed by Ashley Newcombe and using
Lotta Jansdotter prints and Michael Miller plains.
The binding on this quilt was interrupted by other things on the "to do" list but on Wednesday I completed the final 2" of binding sewing. Despite its being a kit there was a lot of serendipity in the making and I had to work put how to line up the crosses myself. I made it one row wider and longer than the pattern. I bought two kits so have enough fabric for another quilt or two I want to make.
It was quilted by Maggie Kingston.and measures 59 by 74 inches.
I am leaving the house in the capable hands of my husband and our NZ visitors and leaving with two Usual Suspects for Oregon today for a shop hop, visiting with other quilters and finally classes at Sisters and the Show on Saturday July 11th. I hope to post pictures of our progress and projects.

No comments: