Friday 18 November 2011

Houston Workshops 02: Karen Kay Buckley

Next up was a three hour hand applique class with Karen Kay Buckley though the final stitching could also be done by machine. This was a superb well ordered class with Karen keeping up the pace and using camera and screen technology so we could see the finer points of what she was demonstrating. The image was manipulated so we saw the work as she was seeing it not from the camera direction. I appreciated her class management skills. This method of applique pressing over heat resistant template plastic suits me better than needle turn. I do feel amused though that I got a dozen FQs in different colours and shades as per the requirements list only to use a few snippets. However, I thought this might be the case and got them cheaply from Jo-Ann's in useful bright tone and tones which will be good for Linus quilts. I suppose the tutor feels she has to give quantities to go on and complete a quilt whereas I am happy with a sample as I have enough quilts on the go anyway.
I spent loads from her helper afterwards - serrated scissors, perfect circles, needles and her DVD and am well satisfied with all.
Our classroom with our project hung at the righthand side

My fabrics purchased for the class

I used this much!

No comments: