Friday 20 May 2011

uh, uh, uh, oh


Isn't this delicious??

The rest of the hoard

I used to envy those I read or heard about being gifted with fabric because someone knew "they sewed". Now it's starting to happen to me. Ann in my quilt group gave me a bag of perfectly nice things she was pruning from her stash partly because she knows I make charity quilts. However, I have to accept fabric on the basis that a particular piece might not find its way into a charity quilt though it very well might. Today I was asked to go the house of a neighbour I don't know very well as she has been clearing her loft. I was delighted as there were cottons and lots of viyella which is 50/50 cotton and wool and is soft and warm for quilt backs, especially lapquilts. I left the synthetics and some wonderful wool tweeds which I know I wouldn't use. I felt pleased she accepted money for them as otherwise I would have felt rather greedy. I added up what I should charge if they were on a stall. And the money will be donated to the Cathedral building fund for whch there is a £50 million target. Still every little helps. I included the curtain fabric in my purchases as I though it would be good for bags. Opened out when I got home it was lovely - a garden replete not just with flowers but cats, tortoises, rabbits and some very large mice. Hope they're not rats!
However I now think my last cupboard doesn't have very much room in it so no more for a little while. Oh no - I'm off to Quilts UK on Sunday.. .

1 comment:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Oh, yes, those will be terrific bags!