Sunday 29 May 2011

Home again

Twelfth night is left, Bright Stars right.

I had a lovely time at Malvern spending a day at the Quilts UK. Lots of lovely quilts but I shall only show my two and a detail of friend Margaret's who made a beautiful Log Cabin in Liberty fabrics bordered with immaculate machine applique.
Of mine I prefer the one on the left, Twelfth Night, which I made second with friends. I needed to see them hanging side by side in order to decide. I would like to sell the other eventually but it will probably take some time.
I collected my quilts at the end of the show - they are given back in potato sacks and what with these heavy bags and another one containing my puchases it was hard work getting back to the car. I bought some fabric to make a quilt for my grandaughter. I was looking for fairies and/or princesses and I think I've got fairy princesses in pink of course.
We stayed in a lovely converted farm building (The Stable) in a quiet and remote spot afterwards http://www.holtfarmholidays.com/ and I washed and ironed my purchases but I have still to tidy away all my stuff as I've been off quilting since getting back on Thursday. Friday was Crab and Winkle Sewing day. Having bought more Three cats fabric at Malvern I was able to get on with my bags (will post later) while Marion combined lots of novelties to make I Spy quilt tops and Melanie and Pam worked on Melanie's quilt-as-you-go stenciled quilt. Yes the top row is off and was corrected later. They made quite a team with Melanie machining and Pam doing the hand sewing she loves. Maggie was making a starry space quilt for a soon to be born young relative.


This  braid quilt top made by Maggie's mother, a remarkable woman, was discovered recently. One for Maggie to finish.
I don't have any other pictures of our day - I must have been concentrating on my sewing but I expect I'll get a chance later. Next meeting my house next week. A cake to make!

1 comment:

cityquilter grace said...

wow, the braid quilt is super scrappy...gorgeous!