Tuesday 30 November 2010

Beautiful cupboards

After the famous French writer, Colette, died her husband said "Her cupboards were beautiful" which struck me as praise indeed. I can't lay claim to beautiful cupboards but having folded my yardage 14" x 8" to fit the shelves of my new linen chests I'm as near as I'll ever get. The largest pieces I did 13.5" long to allow for the extra bulk. It's amazing how this regular folding seems to magically create more space.
Specially for children's quilts

3 comments:

Michelle said...

They're very beautiful cupboards, and gorgeous fabric!

Julie Fukuda said...

Yes, like a library. All sorted and arranged and easy to find. You know you are putting the rest of us to shame??!!

cityquilter grace said...

love that cupboard! so ideal for storing quilty stuff! thanks for showing