Saturday 3 January 2009

BOD 5




















Here is the fifth block of the day - I hope I've sorted the date on my camera now. Today I've disassembled Christmas. The tree is down and out in the garden, I've cleaned my living area very thoroughly, taken off the Christmas cushions, cut up my Christmas cards for shopping lists and used pinked motifs for present labels. In the sales I bought half price cards for next year and my first 2009 Christmas present - I find the present buying a nightmare but am determined to get ahead this year (I say this every year). In the afternoon I cut up the wadding and backings for my 4 Snowball quilts. Although I drew outline plans and sketched out some straight line walking foot quilting I have decided to practise free machine quilting on the first two at any rate. The recipients will be young people I expect to use and wear out these quilts and treat them quite casually and as I also have my Moda charms top, the HoneyBee applique, a batik mystery and two Twisted Sisters tops I shall have to focus my handquilting efforts and accurate walking footing efforts quite carefully.

No comments: