Saturday, 10 October 2026

Back home

Back home I unearthed a Fons & Porter kit bought in the US in the noughties and have started cutting (there's a lot) and sewing. It will be a massive piecing effort. The pieces will be cut  to size so I shall need to concentrate on being as accurate as I can. My first foray isn't perfect but will do.






These are a soft brown. Next there is a set of pink stars. I am following the pattern using seven eighths and five and a quater inch measurements which leaves no room for error and try as I might I am losing points.






I thought I would sort out a layer cake leader ender pattern inspired by a Moonkin YouTube video but the leader ender took over and I have been making quarter log cabins as fast as I can. I'm using two similar Moda layer cakes from a lady's destash. I have left a batch to trim while on retreat and sets of strips to sew into blocks, good on retreat when I am tiring.

At firstIworked randomly but then I
did some sorting to make sure
every fabric in the block was different
and a mix of value.

Sets of cut 10" squares and of mixed up
layers ready to dew into blocks












I got home on Tuesday then it was Quay Quilters on Wednesday where Jenny talked about slashing fabrics and the now assembled raffle quilt top was produced for us all to admire. It's impressive.




No comments: