Tuesday 23 January 2024

Lots in hand

 I bit the bullet on Friday and embarked on basting my "Letterbox"  quilt this last weekend listening to quite a lot of the Guild Retreat content online as I went.

Laid sideways here. Uses lots of older Laura Ashley brushed cottons and Viyella.
I've had a go at quilting it but have rejected the pattern and the thread and now will pull out what I've done back and try out Baptists' Fan or a block template and see which I prefer. I like this quilt so much I want to be sure.

Still folded and reproachfully awaiting machine quilting is a dispearing ninepatch made from a pack of fat quarters and destined for Linus.

DNP


I have leftover squares which I'll sew into four patches for a smaller Linus quilt.



I've pieced the units from Valerie Nesbit's wonderful Two strip Mix Up workshop and arranged them and layered up the numbered blocks and taken photos of each so I don't lose my way (I probably will). 

Jelly roll had a very limited number of variations.

Top of the pile


No comments: