Thursday 7 September 2023

Day in London

 While staying at my son's we took the opportunity to see two shows, Berthe Morisot at the Dulwich Picture Gallery and The Rossettis at Tate Britain.

The third day I explored on my own going to the London Fashion and Textile Museum to see Andy Warhol: The Textiles. These were largely displayed as dresses on mannequins but would do well for quilts today. The repetitions of everyday items act as precursors to his later iconic pictures of Cola bottles and Marilyn Monroe.

Lemon slices

Angels & Dragonflies


Brooms and brushes

Socks

In a side room were items by a designer I hadn't heard of before.


I thought this "blanket" made witty use of
applique

Next up was Mondrian and Hilma af Klint





af Klint's works are a source of colour inspiration

Setting inspiration from Mondrian.

Little Houses by Mondrian

Squares arrangement by Mondrian

Strips by Mondrian


No comments: