Sunday 3 September 2023

August

 August has been quite busy, opening with the Festival of Quilts. I'll get round to ordering my pictures and making a record of them for myself on here but will start with more manageable events.

After FOQ Alan and I make our way to Ilkley for  lovely stay with cousin Joy. We had a lovely time further exploring the area including a trip to Howarth which I haven't visited for a long time. I am always struck by how many writers sew and quilt and sure enough a replica of the Bronte sisters' quilt lay on Patrick's bed and I had a nice chat with a quilter curator about it.

Replica of the sisters' quilt made by local quilters


If the story of the Brontes wasn't sad enough the church was staging a textile event, quilts made from squares marking a death by suicide.



It was very sad to see more than one quilt even.

One of the quilts

Detail


 


No comments: